INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL AWARD 2015 – 16
PROJECT TITLE: LANGUAGE LEARNING CLASS: VI-IX
AGE GROUP: 11 TO 16
SUBJECTS: ENGLISH , HINDI , BENGALI
ENGLISH: The learners will be taken down the memory lane to recall their childhood . They prepare an album depicting the various stages and incidents of their childhood in chronological order. It will not only enhance their curiosity and imagination, but will also help them to recall the values taught to them by their parents and grand parents while preparing the project.
HINDI: The learners will be taken back to the mythological character Karan from famous Hindu Epic Mahabharata. His life teaches about the values of friendship. The poem will imbibe the true values of life : teaching them to be selfless, helpful and dedicate oneself for the well being of others. The learners will also learn about other historical friendships.
BENGALI: The learners will write a script of a drama based on the message “Bullying in school’’.They put up a drama where the disadvantage of bullying and the psychology of the bully boys will be stated.
The Poster making session will enhance their imagination power as they interpret the Epic Ramayana according to the new age.
Students will make puppets of the story `Bama’ and enact.
- Demonstrates curiosity on the topic.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize, describe and compare the various stages of development from childhood to adult.
- Uses imagination and creativity to combine incidents of childhood with different stages of development.
- Demonstrates the ability to sort and put in sequence the entire childhood development in phases.
- Hone their writing skills as the students learn to express their thoughts accurately using grammatically correct sentences.
- The learner learn to value friendship
- They will also realize that friendship not only means love but sacrifice as well
- Sharing and caring for others
- Learn about various historical characters and their friendship
- The learners will come to know the bad effects of the bullying.
- How should they behave with their friends .
- The benefits of having empathy towards others.
- What is the psychology behind bullying.
- As the students will make the script of the drama their Language skill will improve.
- There artistic skill and imagination power will improve.
They will come to know about their heritage and culture in a broader spectrum
1.Data and photograph collection
Compiling and Sequencing .
Presenting it in a form of an album.
1.An entire week will be celebrated as friendship day where each day they will do something meaningful for their friend and make a note of it and make a beautiful card.
2.Students will act as a reporter and interview some personalities followed by writing an article on value of friendship.
- Poster making
- Puppet Show
TIME PERIOD OF THE PROJECT (MONTH WISE) :
HINDI: JULY – AUGUST
NAMES OF THE TEACHERS IN THE TEAM:
ENGLISH: MRS. SONALI CHAKRAVARTY
HINDI :MRS. APILLA GUPTA
BENGALI: MRS. BASABDATTA MUKHERJEE